Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"Not long..."

Okay a story... this time it's a "marriage thing."  
This weekend Neils and I were laying on our bed with Brooke trying to get her to sleep.  Neils suggested that he might want to take a nap himself.  I asked, "How long do you want me to let you sleep?"  I ask because there have been times when he or I have slept way more than we wanted and then it was too hard to go to bed that night.  His answer was "not long."  I asked him, "How many minutes is that?"  He said, "I don't know, how many minutes is it when you say, not long?"  He got me.  I started to laugh.  There have been many times in our married life when he'll ask me such as when I go to get my hair done or when I leave to go to the store, he'll ask, "How long are you going to be gone?"  My answer is always, "not long."  My answer is ALWAYS, "not long."  Thanks honey for keeping me on my feet!  You got me A-GAIN!

No comments: