Monday, September 8, 2008

He loves to climb!


On Labor Day Jett turned 3!  We didn't have the big giant birthday party that we've had in the past.  There just seemed to be too much already going on so.  Sunday night Aunt Megan spent the night and she played with the kids all day.  Jett had a blast with her here (she always comes up with the best games and keeps them entertained for hours on end).  I kept stressing about how his birthday was so lame compared to years past and Neils had to keep reassuring me that he was having a great day and he is only 3!  And it really was a great day.  He was happy and totally content.  For dinner we bought a Papa Murphy's pizza so that we could arrange the pepperoni into the shape of a 3.  And then of course we had cupcakes, sang Happy Birthday and opened presents.  Some of the Smart relatives dropped by to sing and watch him open gifts.  I refusing to take my kids to Kiddie Kandids ever again took a few pictures of him this weekend.  I still want to do his official 3rd birthday pictures, but for now, here are a couple of my sweet boy!  To be followed up by REAL birthday pictures.

2 comments:

The Allreds said...

cute! I always feel like the kids need a big bash too, sometimes less is more (James reminds me often)! Glad he had fun with his aunt and still got sung to by the fam!

Daynes Family said...

I felt the same about Luke's birthday this year, like I was such a bad mommy! But it is only their third b-day and they won't even remember it! We'll do something more next year when he turns four. Cute pics!