Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Priceless story! Pun intended!

The other night I was becoming frustrated with the fact that bedtime just isn't going as smoothly now that it's summertime. The kids want to stay up later or after they've been put in bed they come down ten minutes later and ask if they can stay up "just a few more minutes?" On the occasion that we've given in, we've regretted every second of it. The kids just can't make it past a certain hour and although we'd like to be nice parents, it just doesn't work to let them stay up. So, dealing with frustration I said to the kids, "If you don't get in bed and stay in bed the first time I ask I will take away your dinosaur and puppy (the stuffed animals the kids have to sleep with). They continued to play and ignore the requests to get pajamas on and brush their teeth. So, I quietly went and grabbed T-Rex and Puppy. About a half hour later after the requests had turned to grumbling and I was handed this piece of paper. Sky noticed that I had taken the animals away and handed me "money" to "buy them back." I was told "You and Daddy have lots of money and I have to make my own."

3 comments:

The Jorgensen's said...

Oh kids, they are just too smart!

The Allreds said...

that is TOO cute!!!!

Jarvie said...

I'm so glad someone said "Pun Intended" when they intend the pun...
instead of people that say "No Pun intended" when they obviously intended. haha