Monday, June 29, 2009

Backtracking... (just one month though).

I never mentioned anything about my birthday this year. How dare I do that when I had such a great birthday. I don't like birthdays really. I don't care to do anything terribly exciting. I just like to know that I can drop my kids off at my parents so I can go out to eat and to a movie with my husband. That's all I really care for. I don't expect or want any presents, I just want to enjoy the night with my husband. Don't take me wrong, I love my kids but I see them EVERY DAY and a lot of the times in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT! So, for my birthday that's all I really care to get out of it... a night out.

This year my husband surprised me with something so thoughtful and full of love. You may not think it's a big deal, but for me it meant more than getting even my most desired item on my wish list. The last couple years we've planted tomatoes in our backyard. I LOVE homegrown tomatoes! I can eat them whole, plain and enjoy putting them on my sandwiches and hamburgers during the summer months. There's also nothing like yummy, fresh, homemade salsa with homegrown tomatoes. Neils said over and over that this year we WEREN'T going to plant tomatoes, they were a lot of work and he didn't want to do all the work again to have 3 weeks worth of tomatoes. I was bummed, but understood his decision. He was always the one to plant them and then take care of them for several months by making sure they were watered. So, thinking I'd have to steal a few here and there from friends who plant tomatoes every year, my husband goes and surprises me. He went and bought tomato plants (when, I don't know cause he's always working) and then came home and planted them (in the middle of the night I'm guessing) to surprise me on my birthday. Here they are a few weeks later as I anxiously await the first tomato to grow! I can't wait. I know call me crazy, but I seriously LOVE tomatoes! Isn't my husband sweet? I sure thought so. Thank you honey!





2 comments:

andreaKphotography said...

Wendy told Emily and I this story a few weeks ago when we did the Bachelorette at Em's house. We thought it was just the sweetest thing ever! I am glad it was a Happy Birthday!!

The Allreds said...

Yes, I'm hoping for squash plants (and maybe a pumpkin plant) for my b'day : ) Ours died early on in the planting season, when we weren't on top of our gardening!
Happy Belated B'day!