Saturday, April 25, 2009

Kindergarten is right around the corner...

On Thursday we played outside in backyard (AGAIN) and then I decided to reward the kids and take them over to Gardner Village. I gave them each a quarter to buy a piece of candy and a piece of bread to feed the ducks. They have been so great this week (I think it's been all the playing outside) that I wanted to do something to show them how much I appreciated it. It was quite overcast, and there was a some threat of rain, but the kids didn't seem to care. They were excited to go. So, off to Gardner Village we went. No one was there because it was starting to get chilly and the clouds were kinda dark, but the candy store was still open and the ducks were still out. That's all we needed!


On our way out I had Sky sit on a set of stairs so I could take a picture of her cute hair. Today, I took the... I don't know what it's called, hair crimper and curled her hair with it. It looked so cute. She's 5 1/2 and going to start Kindergarten in the fall. Kinda scary for me! In fact, Kindergarten registration was on Friday and the thought of going made me a little teary eyed.

Friday after we picked Sky up from Preschool we ran home ate lunch and then it was off to Kindergarten registration. Sky asked me, "Is Alex going to be there?" I had to break the news, "No, honey, Alex won't be there. She's not going to be at the same school as you next year." Devastation hit! She began to cry and told me she didn't want to go to school unless Alex and Trevor were going to be there. It made me sad. It made me question myself. I know it only gets harder from here. This is just the beginning.

5 comments:

Hillary said...

Wow, that hair is amazing! Such a little beauty! She will do great in kindergarten. It's so hard to make the transition, but she is a doll and will make friends so easily. Good luck to mom!

andreaKphotography said...

I love pictures of walking away. What a fun mom you are to treat them for being good. I need to do that more often. Well I guess they need to be good more often HA!I am loving those leggings on Brooke. I just might have to get those :) What a darling picture of sky. She is beautiful!! Love the txture too. Yes- there will be tears on the first day of kindergarten (mostly from mom). I did my best to wait until they couldn't see me to let it out :)

The Allreds said...

The big time has hit...starting kindergarten with your 1st child, wow! Those were the days! Luckily our neighbor was Sara's teacher so that helped a ton. Garrett's in full-day kindergarten here, made him grow up in a hurry.
I know you'll both do great. Try to get involved...it helps to see what the kids are doing in school.
Our move has taught me how reseliant children really are...they meet friends quickly and usually look up to their teachers.
Hugs to you!

The Allreds said...

P.S. Read the Night Before Kindergarten the night before she goes...it's a good one.

Suzanne Plant said...

Love that hair on Sky! She looks like Abby!