Saturday, April 4, 2009

20 Years Later...

It was absolutely amazing to be able to reconnect with an old gymnastics teammate of mine, Sonja Kuderna! We were buds in the gym and did everything together. There were endless sleepovers before meets, going through gymnastics magazines and hoping to be the next Kristie Phillips. I can remember her working at doing "The Phillips" on beam! Thanks to Facebook, I found out that Sonja was alive and living not too far from my in-laws in California. So, I made sure I saw her while on my trip. She drove down and we went to lunch at Chilis and then went back to my in-laws and chatted and chatted and chatted. We could have gone on all night. I even made a call to our old gymnastics coach Jim Trost and said hello. He was floored and very happy to hear from us. It was a FABULOUS catching up and Sonja even challenging me to a handstand contest. It was awesome to see her and I can't wait to see her again!!!
First thing we noticed when we saw each other is that I grew and she stayed the same. I used to be that short!

2 comments:

The Allreds said...

how fun is that. friends are forever...just like family!

The Jorgensen's said...

Sounds like a fabulous trip. We are excited to go ourselves in three weeks!