Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Sunday, unfortunately it didn't go too smoothly...

These might have been the ONLY smiles all day! It wasn't the happiest Easter Sunday. It seemed we fought the kids all day, constantly begging for smiles rather than listening to them whine and cry over nothing. Uggghhh.... We went to church (but did I even hear a single thing that was said amongst the requests to go to the bathroom, get a drink, and the whines of who got to sit on my lap?). We came home and took a few pictures (these below) and hung out for a couple hours. Neils got Brooke down for a nap while I rushed to get some food made to take to Mom and Dads for dinner. Running late (of course) we managed to get to Mom and Dads. We realized when we got there we hadn't even taken time to eat lunch. It was late and I was starving. Neils and I inhaled one of the things I had just finished making, 7 layer bean dip. We had the annual Easter Egg Hunt with the grandkids which seemed to go okay. There were enough eggs that no got upset over not getting enough... THANK GOODNESS! Then, buffet style, we scooped up our dinner and sat down to eat. Our kids complained that there wasn't anything they liked and we had to beg them to take even a couple bites. Most of the problem was due to the fact that they had just eaten several pieces of candy out of their Easter eggs. Uggghhh... After the kids played and the adults chatted, we decided it was a good time to get everyone together to take a Smart family picture. I got out my tripod and lined everyone up (all 16 of us) and set the timer. It wasn't until later that I noticed that my son managed to put a nice smudge right on my lens and half of us in the picture are blurry and washed out. BUMMER! I thought I'd do some nice pictures of my sisters family and so I had them take a little drive down the street to do them. I thought I'd do some of her family and then set it so she could take some of mine. Well, hers turned out FABULOUS, but once again, my kids were not about to smile. They cried because dad told them they couldn't bring home a large weed/cattail. It was another awful 30 minutes of listening to them cry while I got pictures of my sister and her family. We tried, but I don't even know why. Seemed to be the question of the day... why are we even trying? Anyone ever have days like this? I wish I could have posted a nice, happy, spring day post, but unfortunately some days just don't go as planned.


Oh and of course, I must show you the SMUDGE- MARKED Smart family photo!

At least my sister got a gorgeous family picture!


6 comments:

andreaKphotography said...

I think you got some great photos! That one of you and sky is darling. I have had many a holidays that sound just like that. You can't win them all I say.

Elle Bee said...

The family photo is the best! That's what it's all about. Where are you guys??? The house behind you looks colossal!!

LaTour said...

Oh Steph- I know how it goes- especially for mothers who are trying to get it all done. Isn't it fun? I think the photos are great! I can't get photos this good when my kids are happy!

The Allreds said...

I like the shots you got, you'd never know your Easter was a "flop" by those!!!
Gorgeous spring colored outfits. Fun to see!

Wendy said...

Thanks for taking our picture. I do love the ones you got of us. :) I'm sorry your day didn't go so well. I've had plenty of those days. I think the good news is there are less and less of them as the kids get older so just hang in there. It was fun hanging out with you on Easter, even if it was a little chaotic. Love you!

The Jorgensen's said...

Megan wouldn't cooperate for pictures either. We have 1-4 church and it makes for VERY cranky toddlers!