Sunday, August 24, 2008

Bed Bugs!

We did it!  My goal for my little Miss Sky was to get through the first three sets of Bob books, recommended by Carin Davis (she gives more than great photography tips).  As of Thursday night this week, we read the last one in set three together.  Sky has done a fantastic job learning to read and she loves it.  She's constantly spelling out words and writing notes to me.  I love some of the ways she spells words still.  
She is my little smarty pants.  There are two things I refuse to correct her on.  I want her to stay little and cute for as long as I possibly can.  She still says "baby" instead of maybe.  It's so cute.  Baby?.... I should go to bed and the other thing is "ReNember."  I love the little mistakes and am holding onto them for as long as I can.  She doesn't start Kindergarten 'til next year so she can stay little at least another year!  I love this kid!

2 comments:

andreaKphotography said...

So cute! I agree, I am trying to hold on to the innocence with Joshua and Brady for as long as I can. Thank goodness for Aubrey, she brings it out in them a little more. I love how your pictures are blurry in the background, can you only get that with the manual camera? I think I am going to go get mine this week and start trying some things.

The Allreds said...

Had to share this email with you after what you wrote about Sky's pronunciation! It's a bit long but sooo cute. Wish I could say Sara is in kindergarten as I don't know that this writing shows a 3rd grade level, but I'm cherishing the "small" moments (still) too!
"Dear Gramma,
I just came back from makalee's birthday party! It was a lot of fun I
got to hold her i think the most! She got lots of cute stuff! She
loves the book we got her! I watching ALIMPEX!
It is sort of wered because thy have a camera and viteyoing all the
people that won medles! I am tiping you on my dad's old comuter and
he gave it to me! I think I have rote you a little wile ago! It was I
think 102 when we went to the stone's house! Me and Ericka played tag
with ericka's little sister! Hope you had a great day! My mom is
changing in to her pagamas! I love you! Give a big hag and a kiss to
lazey Grandpa and get him off the Love, Your sweet grandauter sara
dolly allred!"