Friday, August 22, 2008

Why? Why? Why?

Okay so I'm lacking on pictures whenever I have a "Jett" story.  You'd think that as much as I like to take pictures to document my life and my kids, I'd be better about snapping away when Jett goes to town.  I think every other day I'm saying to my mom, "I don't know if he's going to live to see his 3rd birthday!"  (What a mom thing to say!)  I remember her saying things like this about my brother Andrew.  Let me tell you an Andrew story and you'll understand why.  When Uncle Andrew was 2-3 yrs old he took a black magic marker and at waist height drew along the walls as he walked around the entire house.  He drew along the hutch my dad made for my mom for Valentines Day as he walked through the living room and into his own room.  He climbed up on the top bunk as he carried his marker and ended by putting a nice drawing on the ceiling.  Needless to say, this was soon followed by new wallpaper and paint and endless hours scrubbing the ink off the hutch.  Now for Jett's version... It always seems that it's when I'm putting Brooke down for a nap (cause it gives him more than five minutes unsupervised), but this time it was milk and not a permanent marker.  He saw that I had left Brooke's bottle on the counter.  I use those Playtex drop-ins so he realized he could reach up and squeeze the plastic part and it squirted like a squirt bottle would.  He took this bottle which was full of milk and squirted everything in sight.  The walls were dripping milk, every toy in sight was now speckled with white dots, and there were drops on the floor that I could feel as I walked around the room in anguish!  Uggghhh... I noticed my rocking chair was especially wet.  I asked him what was on my chair.  He then pointed to the squirt bottle filled with water (the one I use to comb Sky's hair).  He told me he was trying to get rid of the white.  "Yeah, now it's just watery, white!"  NICE!  Okay, so my story doesn't top that of my fellow Queen Blogger, Tiff (refer to her T.V. incident) cause I just called the carpet cleaning people to come steam clean my couch and I wiped off every toy, so my situation was easily fixed.  Tiff's on the other hand... good thing that's not my boy, he definitely wouldn't have lived to see his third birthday!  Just kidding!  Really, though Tiff, I don't know how you kept your cool on that one.  In all seriousness, Jett is a joy and he keeps me on my toes.  I just hope the house doesn't burn down.  I think I've heard that one before too.  Who is that talking, it's certainly not me! :)

2 comments:

Suzanne Plant said...

Hey -- I am with you. Two years ago the day they delivered my brand new top of the line stainless steel fridge, I left the room and Abby took a black Sharpie and drew big, black swirls all over the bottom. I remember as I scrubbed and scrubbed screaming, "WHY CAN'T I HAVE ANYTHING NICE!" at the top of my lungs with my children in their rooms cowering in fear!!!

The Allreds said...

James told me a BAD one about a Sunbeam in his class. The Sunbeam's dad shared the story...this little guy had his cousins over and thought it would be fun to experiment with Mom's Cutco knives. They attacked the inflatable swimming pool, and newly installed (ground level) trampoline! When they were found they had the machetti (sp??) size knives in their hands, thinking nothing of it! The mom has a newborn and was probably nursing (or something) and had left them for a few minutes! YIPES!
After hearing that I gave thanks for never seeing such a sight in my home!
Garrett has pulled some fast ones that I know Sara NEVER would have dreamt of...but, after comparing stories, he is actually quite tame : ) Without having brothers of my own, Heavenly Father must have known I couldn't handle TOO much!