Monday, August 3, 2009

I get teary-eyed thinking about it...

No this isn't any sort of "back to school" picture, but it's one of my little girl who's about to officially start school this year. I know, I know it's still 23 days away (who's counting), but it's August and school starts this month so I've been thinking about it a lot.
I remember my first day of kindergarten.
I remember my teacher.
I remember my friends.
I remember crying while my mom tried taking a picture of me in front of the Sonoma Elementary school sign.
I remember the blue dress I wore.
It's hard for me to imagine, I have my very own little girl who is going to soon make these same memories that will last a lifetime. So what does this mean for me... tears!
I can't even look at this picture for some reason. It just makes me tear up. It's so genuine and so my little Sky Hannah Banana! You're growing up way too fast sweet girl. Will you stop it already?

3 comments:

Chillygator said...

What a beautiful picture! Good luck to both of you at the start of school (o:

The Jorgensen's said...

I get sad every night I put Megan to bed knowing she's going to be older and bigger the next day.

Suzanne Plant said...

Thanks for making me cry!