Friday, August 7, 2009

What happens when I say no.

My little Brookey Brooke came up to me and asked for some "yellows" (translation... marshmallows) to which I said, "no, you can't have marshmallows for breakfast." So... this is what soon followed. She being the smart girl that she is, figured out that she can reach the Lucky Charms out of the cupboard and there's marshmallows in there... what a great solution to moms answer, right? See for yourself. What a smart cookie!

She first hid, afraid of what I might do when I saw the mess...

But then mom broke out the camera, so that had to be an okay to go fish through the cereal for the oh so desired "yellows".


Then of course there's my crazy, cleaning lady named Sky who immediately came to the rescue!

Notice there's NO "yellows" left? That's because she managed to grab them all before I put my camera down to stop her. But I couldn't resist getting pictures to go with the story!

9 comments:

dterryphotography said...

KIDS!!!

Ah, the memories. I remember when mine were like that. And the grandkids ... just the same.

Enjoy them while they are young! :)

andreaKphotography said...

That is the best! GO Brookey!! They are smart little cookies. Love it!

Randi Ritchie said...

So cute! I'll have to send you pics of the most recent Hayden messy mess. It used to be Kamae who loved to explore...now it's the Haymeister. His most recent was getting into and dumping numerous of my 1lb plastic containers of spices all over the house (wood floors, carpets etc) I swept up what I could and then had to vacuum the rest. I can still smell spices when I vacuum now.

The Allreds said...

That's a fun story! James let the kids buy that cereal last night and we've all had a bowl already. I totally agree with Brooke...those "yellows" ARE good!

Hillary said...

You are such a good mom to capture and enjoy moments like that. No freaking out or anything, just joy in the moment. Love it.

The Jorgensen's said...

Megan's favorite cereal is Lucky Charms too! It's the only thing I can get her to eat for breakfast.

The Eresuma Family said...

What a fun story and great photos to accompany it!

LaTour said...

So cute! Brooke is adorable. How fun will this be to have when she is older. I love it!

Suzanne Plant said...

How stinkin adorable is this? I love it! The pictures are amazing and it's great you did that instead of getting mad. I need to remember this!