Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What a week!

What a week....
It started off with Jett getting the flu (probably from church.  Sorry I say that cause I hate that so many people take their sick kids to church) throwing up ALL DAY on Monday, Tuesday he seemed better making us think it was just a 24 hour bug.  That night he threw up and on Wednesday he was just short of a rug, laying around, not even sitting up or talking.  I took him to the Doctor hoping it was something she could fix.  NOPE.  She sent us away suggesting more fluids and root beer, since he was already borderline dehydrated.  So we stopped at McDonalds for some magic root beer and it seemed to help.  Thursday and Friday were pretty normal, he laid around some but I thought it was just because he was still weak.  So Saturday... we got up super early to be to Sky's dance performance, rushed home for lunch so she could go to her birthday party, and then as soon as that was over, picked her up so we could meet up with the Smarts at The Festival of Trees.  Jett seemed to be doing just fine!  After seeing Santa and all the gorgeous trees, we met up for dinner with the Smarts at Fudruckers.  Jett was over playing on the video games when to our surprise he threw up AGAIN!!!  UGgghhh... So rather than finishing off the night with shopping and fun, we headed straight home.  What a week!  You would have thought I'd have cute pictures of Sky dancing or of us in front of the gorgeous trees... NOPE!  I was not all there, I guess.  I felt as if I was walking around in a daze, smiling only because I should.  I took this picture of dad and Brooke outside of The Festival of Trees when we went to get some fresh air.  It was such a gorgeous day, 50 something and sunny!  SO BEAUTIFUL for the first weekend in December!  I love my kids, and it kills me to see them sick.  I wanted to post at least one picture and not just bore you with my week of blaggghhh.  

3 comments:

Carin Davis said...

oh...I am SO sorry!!!! I hope he is better today! It is so sad to see them sick!!! I am glad he was better for a little while- so I could see all of you @ Festival of Trees!!!

Suzanne Plant said...

So sad that you didn't take more pictures but even more sad that Jett is still sick! Give him a hug for me -- poor guy.

By the way, amazing picture of Brooke! If you only took one picture, at least it's a great one! So precious.

The Allreds said...

glad that week's behind you! it always reminds you to be grateful for USUAL life (even though it sometimes seems dull).