Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What mom wants for Christmas...

Neils has shared the story that when he was a little boy that anytime he'd ask his dad what he wanted for Christmas, his birthday, etc. his answer was always, "obedient children."  As a child I can imagine that was probably a sad, not so exciting answer to hear from a dad.  As a mother, I think it's funny.  Yesterday, I was sitting in my chair talking on the phone with my friend Suzanne.  Sky came over and asked me, "Mom, what do you want for Christmas?"  Without a thought, my answer was... "Obedient children."  Sky rolled her eyes and walked off without another word.  A few minutes later, I was handed this piece of paper...

Later that day, and even better I was in doing laundry.  I came out and none of the kids were downstairs.  I called for them, Sky, Jett, Brooke... what are you doing?  I didn't hear anything.  I went upstairs to find all three of them had worked to make my bed and Sky had taped this picture up on my bedroom wall.  I think I've got exactly what I want for Christmas this year, "Obedient children!" 
At least for the moment! :)


4 comments:

andreaKphotography said...

That is dang cute! I love it!! Sky is such a doll. Maybe I will see if that will work on my kids...:)

Suzanne Plant said...

This story makes me want to cry, not just because I am jealous, but because that is the sweetest thing ever!

birdmama said...

I said the same thing to my kids. In response, my oldest said, "I already am, you only have to wish it for the rest of my brothers and sisters." My other boys rolled their eyes. My daughter is now praying for my wish. So, there's the difference in all of their personalities. I hope Santa delivers--at least for a few hours on Christmas day.

LaTour said...

That is a cute story and what an artist! That picture is wonderful! I am with Suzanne.... I may be a little jealous!