Monday, December 7, 2009

All I want for Christmas...

This year, like every year, we went to The Festival of Trees with the Smart side of the family.  I look forward to this day like no other.  There is something magical about this place.  It gets me into Christmas like nothing else (okay well, maybe my snowberry Scentsy does quite a bit).  I love that the money goes to help Primary Children's Hospital.  I love the lights, the trees, the Kids Korner, seeing Santa and taking a family picture with him, the cinnamon rolls, the scones, and most of all, that it's a family tradition!  I have always made sure I had shirts for my kids to wear in Christmas colors and that my girls had bright, big bows to wear.  This year, at the last second, I decided to make my girls their shirts.  I decided at 11:00pm on Friday night.  I stayed up til 2:30am sewing them together and Saturday morning I put the elastic in them.  I was so excited and for me it was worth staying up late and getting little sleep to make them.
So, I took lots of pictures, but this one is my favorite.  It's my three kids extremely happy to see Santa, sit on his lap and tell him what they want for Christmas.  In years past, there has always been one of the kids deathly afraid of him, but not this year.  That's all they could talk about all week was what they were going to tell Santa.
Sky: wants a Hello Kitty gumball machine
Jett: wants a PRETEND PSP cause he's not old enough to have a REAL one, so just get him a PRETEND one.
Brooke: just nods yes if you ask her if she wants something.  A baby doll?  She nods.  But when I asked her what she asked Santa for, she said, "candy."  :)
It's going to be a fun Christmas.  I love being Santa.
Click HERE to see the gallery of pictures from The Festival of Trees.

4 comments:

LaTour said...

LOVE the picture. SO CUTE. Cute outfits Steph!

andreaKphotography said...

We had a lot of fun at the festival of trees too! It is so amazing to know all that money is going to Primary Children's. I had to stop reading the stories though, I was getting really sad. They girls tops are SO dang cute. They were for sure worth the late night :)

Suzanne Plant said...

My only complaint, you didn't put a ton of those amazing pictures here on your blog!! They were all so fun! I love the bubble ones!

Taylor Family said...

Cute Dresses! They are adorable....the kids too.