Friday, November 13, 2009

He's 40!


It was perfect!  Neils and I went down to Las Vegas to celebrate his 40th birthday.  We went down with our friends (Ryan and Suzanne) last Friday and arrived at our hotel The Mandalay Bay.  I had never stayed there before and thanks to facebook, an old gymnastics team mate's brother (I know I'm making this hard to follow) hooked us up with a fantastic room at the top!  This was our view!  Not bad for taking this through the glass and sitting it on a table in our room.  We ate at incredibly yummy restaurants (Border's Grill and Strip Steak), shopped at the outlets, went to the Cirque du Soleil show "O", got some Krispy Kreme doughnuts (a kind they don't sell here), and went on the roller coaster Speed.  The only thing that wasn't perfect is that it didn't last long enough.  The weekend went by way too fast!  Before Neils and I were married (when I was madly in love with him and wanted to do anything to impress him) asked him to meet me in Vegas (cause he still lived in California) for his 30th birthday.  It was fun to relive some of those memories and talk about our life now.  We had a good time catching up with each other.  With kids, it's sometimes hard to even finish sharing the events of the day with each other.  It was a great weekend

4 comments:

The Jorgensen's said...

Wasn't "O" the best?! We went last year around this time and loved it!

andreaKphotography said...

Great shot!! Love the view and sounds like a great time. Happy 40th!!

Team Cody said...

YAY Neilfsy! Happy BIrfday. Did I miss Halloween pics? I'm looking forward to seeing the kiddos!!

Daynes Family said...

Sounds like fun Steph! Wish we still lived in Vegas, we could have met up with you guys! Happy 40th!!