Friday, July 11, 2008

I wish I had a picture for this story.  It seems I've always got a latest "story" about Jett.  The sweetheart, testimony bearing little boy that he is, is also a definite 2 1/2 year old boy.  A few days ago I was out in the backyard playing with Sky and Jett while Brooke was napping.  I came inside to check on Brooke.  I came in just as she was waking up and because it hadn't been a very long nap, I tried to cuddle her back to sleep.  This meant that I was inside leaving Jett outside by himself for more than two seconds.  (You've got to keep an eye on that kid!)  By the time I got back down to check on him, I looked outside and there he was laying down on his belly with the hose on and running in one hand and making swimming motions with the other.  I in a stearn voice said, "What do you think you're doing?"  In his adorable little voice he said, "I'm swimming."  But of course, that's exactly what it looked like.  He was soaked from head to toe.  I couldn't help but quickly change him into dry clothes and hug him.  He was so sweet and innocent, even though he had just added to my pile of laundry with more wet laundry, I couldn't get mad.  I smiled inside and called to tell Neils the cute story.

No comments: