Thursday, January 24, 2008

It's times like these...


I need to remember the little things that make me smile. This is one of them... Last weekend I left the kids with my mom and dad so Neils and I could go see a movie. Yes, we left ALL THREE of them! Hooray! We were gone about 3 hours and in those last five minutes Jett broke down crying. He was heartbroken and wanted his daddy. (He's a major daddy's boy!) My mom tried to console him by telling him that his daddy is always in his heart. That stuck with him! The other day out of nowhere I was just sitting on the floor haning out with Jett. Sky was at school and Brooke was in her jump-a-roo. This is the conversation Jett and I had...

Jett: Where's daddy?

Me: At work.

Jett: Is he in my shirt?

Me: No, that's silly.

Jett: He's in my heart.

Me:(smiling)

Jett: (looking down in his shirt)

Jett: Daddy? Where are you? Are you in my heart?

I melted of course at how sweet he is. I sometimes have a hard time remembering this when he's smearing toothpaste all over the toilet seat with his toothbrush and trying to tell me, "it's okay mom." It really is okay and I have one adorable, sweet, darling boy!

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Hi Stepha, I just found your cute blog after checking out Eric and Jen's for the first time. (She has a link to your blog.) I have added both of your blog's as shortcuts on my desktop so we can keep current with our Utah cousins. SO Fun!!!

Love you,
Kathleen

Wendy said...

Oh... I love that kid. He's such a handful, there's no doubt about that, but he's definitely worth any trouble. Some of your stories about things he says and I just wonder where he comes up with this stuff. "Do you want a spanking?" "Okay" He kills me.

Daynes Family said...

How cute Steph! Luke is becoming a daddy's boy too. I'm just the boring mom who cleans and does laundry all day! We need to get our boys together one of these days!

andreaKphotography said...

He is such a doll. How cute. I agree, there are a lot more hard moments it seems then the tender ones. Somehow we will make it through with all our crazy kids.