Saturday, October 30, 2010

Never again...

A while back, I tried making "Cake Pops" with my sister in law.  I saw the website, a tutorial and thought I could make those, no problem.  I was first drawn in by the Hello Kitty ones and knowing how much my daughter loves Hello Kitty, I had to try them.  They were HARD!  Really hard!  Probably not the best ones to do on my first attempt at Cake Pops.  Half way through the Hello Kitty attempt, I ended up rolling all the heads up into balls and just making the simplest version of them.  They were great in the end.  The yumminess of these things gave me the desire to try them again.  I wasn't up for all the work, but I just couldn't resist.  They are that YUMMY!  I figured, Jack O Lanterns would be another EASY version, basically just round balls.  I went for it.  They take hours by the way!  I began dipping the balls into the chocolate and it was going great.  But then, one by one all the heads began to crack.  UGgggghh... I turned them around, put the faces on and took a picture just to show the attempt.  It was too much work and I vow NEVER to make these again.  Sorry friends and family.  I know you all fell in love at first bite.

No comments: