Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm so excited...

Last night I went to my friend Suzannes house (I know shocker huh?) to make some pants for our girls. I've never sewn anything. Well, okay, I take that back... I've sewn two rag blankets of which I kept one for Sky and gave the other away. I figured I could sew straight lines and just gave it a shot. So last night was the first time I had ever sewn anything of WORTH. My mom is an excellent seamstress but rather than teach me she just bought me a sewing machine one year for my birthday. My friend Suzanne is the "self taught" master. She's basically a self taught photographer, and you've seen her work... AMAZING! And she taught herself how to sew. She can do it all. She makes costumes every year for Halloween. So, I thought I'd suggest we make pants and then do my best to learn from her. This is not a pattern we bought at the store, she made the pattern herself. We cut the fabric and she walked me through where to sew exactly. This is what we came up with...
I was so excited to try these pants on Brooke this morning. I got home way too late to do it last night. They are WAY too long, so I'll have to go back and make them shorter, but this is what they look like. You can see where I had to roll them so you could see her little toes at least poke out at the bottom.


6 comments:

Chillygator said...

She can indeed do it all!

And those are THE cutest pants ever!

andreaKphotography said...

SUPER CUTE!! The talent just keeps on pouring out. Where do I place my order?? :) She rocks...but guess what? So do you!

andreaKphotography said...

PS- Love the new blog!

Suzanne Plant said...

You made me cry Steph. So glad you are my friend. I had a blast making the pants and look forward to many more sewing parties!

Love the new look. I just may have to copy you. Don't I always?

LaTour said...

Oh I love it! Those are the cutest pants. I am so impressed! Steph- you are so dang talented. I am jealous!

Bird Brain #3 said...

OMG, I LOVE those pants!! Tell her to make a stinkin' pattern, so I can BUY it and make some for my little girl!! (who is actually 3 1/2... but still! i want them!!)
Natalie